LTG Bernard FONTAN
The lieutenant-general Bernard FONTAN was born on January 2, 1961 at Versailles.
After schooling at "Le Prytanée national militaire" La Flèche (high school and preparatory classes), he joined the Saint-Cyr military academy at Coëtquidan in 1981 (promotion "Grande Armée").
He is graduated in civil engineering ("Ecole des ponts Paristech" – class 96), auditor of the center for higher military studies (CHEM) and of the national defense institute (IHEDN) in 2008 and patentee of war Staff College ("ecole militaire – Paris 98).
He is married and father of 3 children.
- After a year of training at the School of Military Engineering in Angers, corps of engineers, he served as a lieutenant in the 1st fire brigade of the Paris fire brigade (BSPP).
- He was assigned to various BSPP units covering the North and East of Paris, commanding a large scale of operations in Paris and in the suburbs. He commanded the 7th company (center of PARIS) from 1990 to 1992.
- He left the BSPP in 1992 and joined the School of Military Engineering at Versailles.
- He followed the advanced military education course, and was graduated in civil engineering from the National School of Roads and Bridges in 1996, and then he joined the Joint command and staff College - Paris, for a year.
- Assigned to the Army directorate military works headquarter in 1998, as head of the employment-operations office, he was in charge of overseas operations support planning and monitoring as well as doctrinal issues.
- He came back to the BSPP in 2001, as head of operational and training department and then as commanding officer of the 1st fire group from 2003 to 2005 (focus on the northern third of PARIS and the whole of the Seine-Saint-Denis
- He returned to the Army directorate military works in order to command the local establishment of Versailles (2005 – 2007).
- In 2008, assigned to the EMAT (Army headquarter) and seconded for employment at the EMA (armed forces headquarter) as project manager to the deputy chief of Support, he led studies and works group projects related to the modernization of defense, in particular those of the defense bases and levels. intermediate.
- Then, he joined the headquarters of the defense military department (SID), as a project manager, and advisor of the SID director. He was in charge to follow for the public-private partnership contract dedicated to build the "French pentagon" "in Paris - Balard". He was also in charge to define the overseas SID organization.
- Appointed general on August 1st, 2011, he took on this date, the management, as director of the SID establishment in Ile-de-France, located near Saint-Germain-en-Laye. He led the reform of the SID and worked on restructuration of the establishments. He was responsible for the realization of many complex projects such as those of the judicial center of the National Gendarmerie, the Biomedical Research Institute of Armed Forces, Tower A at Balard, etc.
- He is appointed national technical Inspector for defense infrastructures on February 3, 2015.
- On July 31, 2016 he was appointed director of of the Defense Infrastructure Department (SID) and elevated to the rank and designation of Lieutenant General.